Aloha For Sheraton Maui Relief Fund Application
Portal Open: Wednesday, September 13, 2023
The purpose of the Aloha for Sheraton Maui Relief Fund is to provide aid to Sheraton Maui ‘Ohana who were impacted by the Maui wildfires, which have been declared a qualified disaster. Funds collected will first go to directly supporting the financial needs of our Sheraton Maui Ohana and their families. The Fund is currently making distributions to those who qualify. Associates must provide validation of need, and applications will be accepted until the funding is expended.
This fund provides essential financial relief and recovery assistance for Sheraton Maui associates with a documented need for:
- Essential living expenses for clothing, food, childcare, medical care, funeral expenses, other essential needs due to the fire, expenses to address property damage, housing, transportation, or a security deposit for housing
- Financial support for loss or damage to a primary residence due to the Maui fire disaster
All relief payments are made and distributed by Charitable Ventures, a 501(c)(3) public charity, on behalf of the Fund.
INSTRUCTIONS AND PROCESS:
Step One: Application
Associates must complete the application in full, including uploading all the requested documentation. Please take the time to ensure that your application and documentation are accurate and complete.
When you submit your application, an immediate screen notification will pop-up to show that your application has been received. If it does not, please contact the Fund at SheratonMaui@charitableventuresoc.org or by phone at (714) 597-6630 x134 and we will respond as quickly as possible to confirm receipt.
For application submission by mail, please address mail to:
Attn: Programs / Sheraton Relief Fund
1505 E. 17th Street, Suite 101
Santa Ana, CA 92705
Step Two: Verification and Notice
All applications will be verified and uploaded documentation reviewed. The Fund Review Committee (managed by Charitable Ventures) will prioritize relief payments to Sheraton Maui associates in greatest need. You will be notified of receipt of your successful application submittal at the email address you provided in your application.
Distribution decisions will be made periodically. If your application is not funded in the first round of distributions, it may be funded in subsequent rounds.
There is no guarantee of a relief payment, as the total amount of funds raised is yet undetermined.
Step Three: Fund Distribution
Once approved, awardees will receive communication of the relief payment amount, and will receive an electronic transfer to the bank information provided on the application within 3 working days. If an awardee does not have a bank, a paper check will be processed for pick up at the Sheraton Maui Resort, Finance Department within 5 working days of approval.
- Full-time associates of Sheraton Maui who were employed on August 8, 2023, and remain employed on the date the relief payment is made, OR
- Part-time associates of Sheraton Maui who were employed on August 8, 2023, and remain employed on the date the relief payment is distributed, OR
- On-call associates of Sheraton Maui who were employed on August 8, 2023, and remain employed on the date the relief payment is distributed, AND
- You have experienced significant loss or damage to your property, OR
- You have been directly impacted by the fires in other ways.
Not Eligible to Apply:
- Any temporary or contracted third party associate of the Sheraton Maui
- Sheraton Maui associates whose crisis occurred before the August 8, 2023 fire disaster
TYPES OF SUPPORT AVAILABLE:
Funding decisions will be dependent upon the fund amount. Funding decisions are made at the discretion of the Fund Review Committee.
- Immediate Essential Support: Associates will receive funds if they have been faced with unexpected or increased living expenses, such as clothing, food, childcare, medical care, funeral expenses, other essential needs due to the fire, expenses to address property damage, housing, transportation, or security deposit for housing.
- Emergency Support: Associates will receive additional funds if their primary residence has been rendered uninhabitable, is damaged or is completely a loss.
You will be asked to provide the following documentation and information in the application to be considered for funding. The committee understands the difficulty in some cases in securing these documents and will work with applicants as best as possible to complete their application.
To Document Emergency Needs: Please upload ONE OR MORE of the following documents:
- Copies of official reports filed with local authorities
- Any insurance claims filed including a summary of what has been claimed and the status of the claim
- Proof of residence – utility bill, lease agreement, or mortgage statement of primary residence
- Receipts of temporary lodging, clothes, or other essential items
- Proof of damages – documentation, photos, other
- A signed attestation from the applicant describing the loss
To Document Essential Needs: Please upload receipts of temporary lodging, food, clothes, medicine, medical bills, doctor office visits, or other essential items.
Application will be available as of September 13, 2023. The application portal will remain open until all funds have been expended.
The Aloha for Sheraton Maui Relief Fund is a fiscally sponsored Fund of Charitable Ventures, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. (Federal Tax ID# 20-8756660) Charitable Ventures will serve as the administrator of this Fund. Charitable Ventures is a regional incubator and capacity builder, fostering innovative work in the region to strengthen our communities. Please review our website for further details and information.