City of Santa Ana COVID-19 Arts Relief Program: Individual Artists
Deadline extended for one week – until Thursday, September 24 at 5pm
Financial Assistance for Individual Artists
- Must work professionally or vocationally in the arts. Artists will have been an active participant in the arts community (those whose life’s work is the arts, regardless of the income derived from work in the arts).
- Artists that are independent contractors or are employees are eligible, including but not limited to, working artists, teaching artists, actors, choreographers, costumers, craftspeople, curators, dancers, designers, directors, exhibit preparators, musicians, stage technicians, writers, and others employed in arts & culture professions.
- Must be a resident of the City of Santa Ana who is 21 years of age or older. Evidence of primary residence in Santa Ana must be provided.
- Individuals who received prior Federal and State disaster funding are eligible; however, funding must be used on alternative eligible expenses.
The individual artist applicant must prove that they have been affected by COVID-19 in the following way:
- Experienced a loss of income due to COVID-19 because of: cancelled or terminated performances, exhibitions, program, classes, events, residencies, and/or contracts; organizational closures; or loss of non-arts supplemental income or job.
Awarded individuals must supply the following documents prior to receiving the award:
- W-9 form (will be sent after approval of application)
- California ID or driver’s license
- Proof of residency in the City of Santa Ana (ex: utility bill)
- Documentation of loss of income (ex: email cancelling event or termination letter)
Please go to the online application form below, answer each question briefly, and submit your application.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
IMPORTANT: The system will save your application only after you hit “send.” We strongly recommend that you draft your responses in a separate word processing program and paste it into the application to have a saved copy of your answers in the event that you need to start your application again.