City of Santa Ana COVID-19 Arts Relief Program: Nonprofit Organizations
Deadline extended for one week –until Thursday, September 24 at 5pm
Financial Assistance for Nonprofit Organizations
- Must be a nonprofit organization.*
- Nonprofits with fiscal sponsors are eligible. Fiscal sponsors do not have to be located in Santa Ana.
- Nonprofit must be an arts-related organization. Such organizations include but are not limited to museums, performing arts centers or presenters, orchestras, choral organizations, theatres, dance companies, literary arts centers, heritage sites, cinema & media arts organizations, arts education organizations, arts therapy organizations, and art festivals.
- Nonprofit must meet the United States Small Business Administration definition of a small business concern.
- Main place of nonprofit must be within the City of Santa Ana.
- Home-based nonprofits are eligible for grant funding and must have a current Santa Ana business license.
- Nonprofit must provide proof of operations for the past 12 months in the City of Santa Ana and must provide a current business license from the city. (Nonprofit business license [$40] — apply here)
- Nonprofits who received prior Federal and State disaster funding are eligible; however, funding must be used on alternative eligible expenses.
- Receiving $10,000 or more from this Art Relief Grant will disqualify the organization from receiving any other CARES Act-funded grants from the City of Santa Ana.
* In order to qualify, the nonprofit must be eligible to receive federal funding.
The nonprofit applicant must prove that the organization been affected by COVID-19 in one of the following ways:
- Sales/revenues from the nonprofit are down 25% or more compared to the previous three months (Prior to March 1, 2020).
- Nonprofit has had to lay off at least one of its employees (full or part time).
- Nonprofit was forced to shut down by the state or local government.
Awarded nonprofits will have to submit the following documentation prior to receiving the award:
- Two Bank Statements: April 2019 monthly bank statement and April 2020 monthly bank statement
- Two Employee Lists: One from February 29, 2020 and one from April 30, 2020 (if applicable)
- W-9 form (will be sent after approval of application)
- City of Santa Ana Business License (Nonprofit business license [$40] — apply here)
Please go to the online application form below, answer each question briefly, and submit your application.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
IMPORTANT: The system will save your application only after you hit “send.” We strongly recommend that you draft your responses in a separate word processing program and paste it into the application to have a saved copy of your answers in the event that you need to start your application again.