OC Arts & Culture Resilience Fund: Arts Organizations
*Photo of Pacific Symphony
Bridge Grants for Arts Organizations
- Must be an arts & culture organization. Primary mission must be artistic in nature. Such organizations include museums, performing arts centers or presenters, orchestras, choral organizations, theatres, dance companies, literary arts centers, heritage sites, cinema & media arts organizations, arts education organizations, arts therapy organizations, and art festivals.
- Must be based in Orange County, California and primarily serve the Orange County community. Non-Orange County-based organizations that have audiences from or serve OC residents, and organizations based in Orange County but primarily serve other communities are not eligible to apply.
Instructions: To reduce application burden on nonprofits serving the vulnerable, we ask applicants to do the following:
- Please go to the online application form below, and answer each question briefly.
- Before you press submit, please upload a 1-2 page signed letter of request on organizational letterhead to describe narratively how your organization has been affected by and responded to the COVID-19 crisis, in terms of:
- cancellation of public programs (e.g. number of programs cancelled, loss of audience/participation, loss of revenue)
- impact on fundraising (e.g. cancelled gala, halted campaign, initiation of emergency funding campaign)
- retention/layoff of employees, independent contractors, artists
- unanticipated additional expenses (e.g. loss of upfront costs for cancelled programs, additional cost for COVID-19 mitigation actions)
- shift to online/virtual programs and services, including challenges, costs, successes and failures
- ways your organization or team members have contributed to community response to the crisis (e.g. volunteering, making and donating PPEs and masks, food drives)
- anticipated long-term impact on your organization of the shutdown, impact upon ability to return to normal programs and services
- resilience of your organization (e.g. effectiveness of Board and staff response to the crisis, attitude and morale, innovative thinking)
- Submit your application.