County of Riverside COVID-19 Microbusiness Grant Fund
Funded in part through a Grant from the California Office of the Small Business Advocate.
County of Riverside
Microbusiness Grant Fund
The County of Riverside is strongly committed to serving its small business community. The County is addressing the adverse impacts on microbusinesses caused by the COVID-19 pandemic by providing financial grant support in the amount of $2,500.00 to qualifying microbusinesses and entrepreneurs.
Applications will be reviewed for eligibility and completeness upon a two-step submission process. Applications are being reviewed as quickly as possible, however, due to the high volume of applications and document verification needed, award notifications will be given as soon as possible in the order that they were received.
Below are the details on the eligibility requirements and process for receiving the grant award.
Funded in part through a Grant from the California Office of the Small Business Advocate. All opinions, conclusions, and/or recommendations expressed herein are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the views of the California Office of the Small Business Advocate.
- Applicants must complete the preliminary questions. The portal will inform you if the district you are doing business in, is accepting applications at that time. If not, please return, at the date provided, to complete the application.
- When directed, please complete the application. Due to the high-volume of applications received and being reviewed, Applicants will be notified as soon as possible in the order that they were received. Please check your email in-boxes carefully if you have qualified for Step Two. Please check your junk and spam folders. Applicants will be notified as soon as possible as to their approval (or denied) status.
- If the application is approved in the initial screening, applicants will receive a link and password BY EMAIL, which will enable them to upload all required documentation to confirm eligibility. Applicants will have three (3) business days to submit the completed documents in the application for the final award decision.
- Please be prepared in advance with your information and documents. Incomplete or inaccurate applications will be disqualified.
- Qualified & disqualified applicants will receive notice of their status.
- Grant funding will be disbursed via an electronic fund transfer to the qualifying business bank account.
- For grant application assistance or questions, please email RiversideCountyRelief@charitableventuresoc.org or reach out by phone to (714) 597-6630 x134.
MAIN ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
All microbusinesses & entrepreneurs must meet the following requirements to qualify for the grant award:
- Microbusiness must be located in Riverside County.
- Must be a for-profit microbusiness with LESS than $50,000.00 in GROSS revenues in the 2019 taxable year.
- Microbusiness must have fewer than five (5) employees, including sole proprietorships and independent contractors, in the 2019 and 2020 taxable years.
- Microbusiness must be currently active or have a clear plan for the reopening of the business.
- Microbusiness must show a 10% reduction of revenue from 2019 to 2020.
- Microbusiness must have been significantly impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Microbusiness must have been in operation prior to December 31, 2019.
- Grant funds are not available to businesses that have previously accessed the California Small Business COVID-19 Relief Grant Program.
- The business owner must be the majority-owner & manager of the business, and is the owner’s primary means of income in the 2019 taxable year.
*Note: A business engaged in any activity that is illegal under federal, state or local law; restricts patronage for any reason other than capacity; casinos/gambling establishments, adult-entertainment related businesses, or cannabis related businesses are NOT eligible for funding.
USE OF FUNDING:
The grant award should be used to support your business needs, due to losses incurred from the COVID-19 pandemic. For example:
- The purchase of new certified equipment including, but not limited to, a cart.
- Investment in working capital (ie., payroll, rent).
- Application for, or renewal of, a local permit including, but not limited to, a permit to operate as a sidewalk vendor.
- Payment of business debt accrued due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Costs resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic and related health and safety restrictions, or business interruptions, or closures.
Applications will not be considered complete without the following documents and proof of eligible expenses totaling the calculated award. Please have the following documents ready to upload to the application:
- Signed W-9 (https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw9.pdf)
- 2019 and 2020 Federal or State Tax Return
- Government Issued Photo Identification (State, Domestic or Foreign)
- Document that includes business owner’s name that matches business name (for example, a local business permit or license, bank statement, tax return, or trade account.)
- ACH-Bank Routing Information (bank name, address, account number and routing number – to be uploaded through our secure site). If needed, please contact your bank for support in identifying your routing information.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
How will I know if my application was received?
Upon submission, you will immediately see a confirmation message showing that your application was successfully submitted. You will also receive an email within five (5) business days letting you know your initial application has been received.
When will I hear about the award decision?
Due to the high-volume of applications received and being reviewed, Applicants will be notified as soon as possible, in the order that they were received, regarding approval or denial status. Once approved, Awardees will receive email confirmation on when they should expect to receive funding.
I have a home-based business. Am I eligible to apply?
Home-based businesses are eligible but must meet all of the requirements, noted above, to qualify.
I’m not sure what District my businesses is located in. How can I find out?
Please go HERE to determine if your business is located in a District within Riverside County.
APPLICATION PART 1:
Please answer the opening questions to verify if your District is currently accepting applications.